Find a roof for us
What makes a building a good candidate for solar?
- Owners who are willing to consider:
- a long-term lease of their roof space
- a power purchase agreement to buy solar electricity for 10% less than their grid electricity price
- for the community to own the solar panels.
- Unshaded roofs that are:
- pitched and facing between south west and south east or
- pitched and facing directly east and west or
- flat roofs
- Roofs which are in good condition that can bear the weight of solar panels.
- Roof area of at least 280m2 for pitched roofs or at least 650m2 for flat roofs.
- Buildings in good condition and likely to remain in use for at least 20 years.
- Buildings which use a significant amount of electricity all year round, particularly during the summer and ideally 7 days a week.
- Not a listed building and preferably not in a conservation area.
What do I do if I find a potential solar roof?
- Please find out the contact name, telephone number and email of an owner/manager/director and the address, including postcode, of the building.
- Send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org